East County Internal Medicine is Proud to be providing the Compassionate use of Medical Marijuana
- ✓ Wide Range of Medical Conditions Apply
- ✓ Low and High THC Treatments Available
- ✓ Local Dispensaries are Now Active
- ✓ Same Day Appointments Available
- Consultation Fee: $200.00
- Minimum 30 week follow up $85.00
- State Health Dept fee: $75.00 with Annual Renewal Fee of $75.00.
- Costs for products purchased at Dispensary
Dr. Kunwar is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and is certified to recommend Low THC Cannabis and Medical Marijuana in the State of Florida for the following conditions:
- Chronic Seizures or Muscle Spasms
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification
- Chronic nonmalignant pain caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition
- A condition that behaves and reacts to treatment similarly to those listed above.
In order to receive treatment, proceed with the following:
Call our office at (941) 727-7771 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Kunwar, same day appointments are available.
At the first visit you will be required sign a state mandated informed consent form, ensuring you understand all aspects of using Medical Marijuana. This will allow Dr. Kunwar to enroll you with the Florida’s DOH: Office of Medical Marijuana Use Registry , provide a treatment plan and do the necessary paperwork necessary for your prescription.
What to bring with you on your 1st visit:
Florida State Drivers License or State issued ID with Current Address Listed
A check made out to “Florida Department of Health” for $75.00
A completed application that can be printed from
The application can be assembled here by our Cannabis Liaison and mailed to the State for your convenience. The Liaison then serves as a point of contact for you until your permit is received.
The minimum follow up with Dr. Kunwar is 30 weeks, by State Law.
In approximately 7-10 days from your established visit, you will receive an email with a temporary permit and be able to go to the dispensary of your choice or have them deliver to your home the prescribed type of Low THC Cannabis or Medical Marijuana. See below a list of local dispensaries.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions, please click here
Florida Department of Health
Florida Medical Marijuana Use Registry
Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers (List of Dispensaries)
No refunds for services rendered